Monday, May 16, 2016

Doing Alright in the Quiet of the Morning

  Day 1 of first full day without my wife, since she is down in the DR leading a missions trip.  It was a fallish feeling morning with a breezy 43 degrees. I had a busy long yet productive day yesterday--but my sleep was not as sound as I would have hoped.  I mean I slept ok, but several times I felt like I heard something.  I was powered by clover sumatra coffee that I got at Starbucks in Port Jeff last night.  Even though I was tired I was feeling positive about the day.  I did the Longwood Loop in 2:00:48 covering 8.73 miles  at a 13:50 per minute mile pace.

  It was a good weekend with my granddaughter Ryleigh turning 2 years old.  We went out for breakfast on Saturday and then off to an animal farm and then Lake Ronkonkama.  Sunday morning up at my workday time so that I could take our mission team to RFK airport at 5:00am.  Right now, I am tired, missing my wife, but knowing that God is using her.  Well, off to get stuff done--God Bless!
Here is a pic viewing the horizon just outside of Longwood H.S..

No comments:

Post a Comment