Thursday, May 5, 2016

5 Hour Energy

 I have been tired this week so my first waking act was to drink a bottle of 5 hour energy extra before I even got out of bed.  I slowly got around and out the door at 4:23 am.  It was cloudy, breezy, and 46 degrees. I had a nice positive feeling as I ambled along the Medford/Randall/Woodlot route.  The singing of the birds sounded like an ipod blasting in my ears.  The cool of the breeze seemed to jolt me into an awake yet calm state of mind.  I was thinking of just how grateful I am to be able to get out in the morning and experience the quiet and stillness of the pre-dawn morning listening to the quiet voice of God whispering in my ear.  I did 8.62 miles in 1:57:58 for a 13:42 minute per mile pace.  I did 10 pick-ups to pick up my dragging pace. Here are a couple of pictures--the first on Ruth Lane heading for Middle Country(the picture is a moving picture and is unclear, but it depicts the blackness that seems to accompany most of my school workouts). The second picture shows the pond at leisure village near the corner of Whiskey and Randall.


No comments:

Post a Comment