Thursday, July 14, 2022

Return to Ridge

 Today most likely will be my last workout in New York for a little over 2 weeks. Lord willing I am heading to Maine tomorrow. A couple days at my parents and then 5 days and night’s at Camp Good News. The following week will be split between my parents and Eastport.  Trusting that God will keep us safe from Covid— not that I’m afraid to get it, but rather I believe that I have things to do in Maine. 

I headed to the Ridge Road loop as there is construction on Longwood right now and I want to avoid it. I headed for this loop for the first time in awhile. This is the loop where my mother told me that my father had been sent by ambulance to Maine Medical because of his oxygen getting dangerously low from Covid. This loop seems like a country workout during the school months, but more people out this time of year. It’s funny how a workout loop can seem like a different spot during a different time of year or even a different time of day. I did 9.34 miles in 2:18:23 for a 14:49 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 137 bpm with an elevation gain of 248 feet at an average cadence of 129 spm at 71 degrees. Next week I more than likely not blog. My mileage will be way down, but I will try to get a few miles in during my small amount of down time. Working out is not my priority at camp especially as a counselor in his later 50’s. I try to keep my energy for my campers. The games and stuff definitely make for sore muscles, but I do have the energy to play. Just not nearly as fast as I used to be. Have a blessed day. Lord willing will blog Saturday in Hope. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment