Thursday, March 24, 2022

The Victory of Perseverance

 I heard the rain pounding throughout the night. I checked the forecast and it said light rain. I started out on the intown loop which I often do when I’m a little behind schedule.  The further down the road I got, the harder it rained. Before I hit the half mile mark it was a deluge of cold hard rain. I went past the house thinking that this could be a short workout. I usually set modified goals , but I may adjust them if the weather improves. The goal is to try to salvage a workout even if it needs to be shortened. I noticed a slight improvement even though I was soaked. I decided to head down Raynor and do 6 x the hill workout. As I progressed, the rain really let up, but the only obstacle was that I was wet. I decided to do nine hill reps with the two of them being slightly shortened by beginning at Kastal instead of the bottom of the hill. My ninth rep I hit the 7 mile mark , so I determined to try to get 8 miles in. I headed past my house all the way to where the tree line briefly begins and back(another name is the “pot” house that reeks of pot. Here are the final stats: 8.39 miles in 2:07:30 for a 15:12 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 89 bpm with an elevation gain of 325 feet with an average cadence of 130 spm at 41 soaking wet degrees. I am so grateful for this workout-Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment