Tuesday, April 23, 2019

A Stroll Towards Recovery

For a couple of weeks I have dealt with a minor injury.  I have toyed  between the idea of rest and training through the injury trying not to exasperate the injury past it’s annoying level. I have decided to train through. Backing off enough to keep going. I have instituted icing, rapping, and occasional ibuprofen. This evening my leg has felt better. This weekend I intend not to train by hiking. Today I did a long slow hike. The injury kept me from generating any speed, but ai was able to get in the nine plus miles without further aggravation. Overall my leg was better today. Here are todays result in Calverton—9.26 miles in 2:50:37 for an 18:25 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 190 feet with an absolute heart rate of 95 bpm at a temp of 54 degrees and 84 percent humidity. I listened to a lot of good biblical teaching. It was a beautiful morning. The best thing was the fact that I could walk without trying to compete or hurry. Thank you Lord for your goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment