Friday, September 2, 2016

Hello September--Thursday, Friday

  I must have slept on my watch alarm as I woke up at 5:45.  I was thinking at first that I would just have a leisurely morning, but as I collected my wits I got out of bed and had my high-test 7/11 Coffee.  I knew that I couldn't do my standard workout so I decided to run the Raynor/Ridge Loop.  DOing something is always better than doing nothing.  I ended up doing 3.41 miles in 30:49 for a 9:02 minute per mile pace.  It was a very humid 72 degrees so I felt like this was a decent effort.  I just find that after I run my knees ache for the rest of the day.  It's too bad because I do enjoy running, but the walking is keeping me fit with less aches and pains.
  Today, Friday September 2 I did 9.08 miles in 1:59:45 for a decent 13:11 minute per mile walking pace on the Ridge Loop.  The Ridge loop is so quiet and peaceful that I can just get lost in my thoughts.  The temp was a comfortable 64 degrees.  It was just a beautiful morning with the sun peeping through large puffy clouds tinged with gray.  Tonight Lord willing my wife and I head for Tewksbury where we will spend the night before picking my daughter Kim up tomorrow in Kittery, Maine.  Looking to the Lord for better things this year--although I know that He uses those valleys to teach us invaluable lessons. Have a blessed Labor day weekend.  Ps.--I had a great time last night with my wife, daughter, and three granddaughters.  I saw channel 2 weather man Lonnie Quinn at Chuck E. Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment