Thursday, September 8, 2016

The Day Before I get Older

 I was not filled with quite as much pep as the first 3 days this week, but with the help of ultra-caffeinated coffee I hit the road on the move.  I decided to do the Ridge/Woodlot Loop doing 8.91 miles in 1:58:53 for a 13:20 minute per mile walking pace.  Ridge road was totally blacked out most of the way.  If it weren't for the white lines on the side of the road I would not have been able to make it down the road.  Wildlife was on the DL so it was quiet minus one songbird singing away.  In the early morning hour the roads here are empty, that's why I love that early time on the road.  Tomorrow I hit the next digit up after 51.  I am grateful to be training.  I have many good memories of my training in Eastport, but the weather here is nice and the scenery is pleasant.  I am trying to be appreciative of the present, because today's experiences are tomorrows memories. It was nice to talk with my brother as I headed to work. Off to lunch duty, have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment