Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Saying Good-Byes to August

  I got out at 4:44 am with a still warm temp of 72 degrees.  I decided to do the Longwood/Medford Loop again.  I more times than not do the Longwood Loop the first three days and do the flatter north of Middle Country loops on Thursday and Friday.  I did 9.04 miles in 2:00:58 for a 13:23 minute per mile speed walking pace.  I felt a bit peppier and just sort of kept it moving.  I am enjoying being able to sleep a bit later as the students are not yet back in school.  Next week I will have to get up 15 minutes earlier.
  Lord willing I pray that this year will be a good year where I can sense a direction in my life.  The last few years have been years of tribulation.  I am grateful for good health and strength as well as having a wife there beside me. Tomorrow on the first day of September--I am looking for a better start.  Last September was one of severe heartache when my youngest daughter attempted suicide and was put in a care facility for 8 days.  That was followed by her going MIA 3 days after being discharged which lead to my wife and I going to Maine to bring her to New York.  The next 5 months were trials eventually leading to a diagnosis and progress.  Things have been much better.  So Lord willing I am prayerfully hopeful for a good year.  I am especially looking forward to my stay in early October in Eastport for 3 days.  Well, enough venting for now--have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment