Friday, August 12, 2016

Two Days, two stories in the Heat

On Thurday I got out just past 6 and did the Randall/Kastal loop in 77 degree humid degrees.  I did 9.01 miles in 2:05:53 for a 13:59 minute per mile walking pace.  Today in 75 degree humid weather at 4:59 am I did my old interval workout.  I modified it a bit as I speed walked the warm-up and cool- down and slow power walked my recovery intervals.  I did 9x .3 mile hill intervals on Raynor Road.  I actually felt pretty good since I have not done a lot of running, but I think I do have a good fitness base and strangely enough have found a way to get running in from time to time.  This heat is getting to me, I have coped by staying inside as much as possible. The following are the overall stats for today 7.62 miles in 1:33:27 for a a 12:16 minute per mile pace.  I was proud to get the workout in today. Thank you Jesus. Have a blessed weekend-- off to the Poconos and then Maine Lord willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment