Friday, April 14, 2023

A Different Variation in Hope

 It has been a good week here with all 5 sessions in Maine. I have been laboring with my energy, but thankfully I have gotten in 5 nine mile workouts. This morning I did 3x Pastor’s Road, the loop, plus up and down the back side of Howe hill for 9.12 miles in 2:32:45 for a 16:44 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of about 139 bpm with an elevation gain of 569 feet at an average cadence of 125 spm at a comfortable 53 degrees. Maine is my home and where my heart is, but I am looking forward to recovering in my own house. The visits this week were meaningful. Connecting in simple and ways with the people that I love. In my old school a number of people asked me if I was coming back, in my heart I wish it were true. This is the place where people value me. In New York my wife and family love me, and God has purpose, but it does not seem like home. I look to the Lord who gives me purpose and meaning even in this place where I just feel so out of my element. God bless you my friends. Back to RCA and the usual next week- Lord willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment