Friday, August 16, 2019

Just In Time

I was wondering what I would do when school started up, since I had not power walked for any distance since pre-injury back in April. Back then I could work out, but I found discomfort in the back of my knee whenever I would get up from being seated. If I stood for a few moments before moving, then I could usually manage although I experienced discomfort as I moved about. Kind of by accident I ended up power walking again. Last Thursday a lady started talking to me for quite some time, until I realized that I would not make it back to the house in time at my current pace. I decided to stick to my current route and power walk the rest of the scheduled route. The distance was a little over four miles. So on Friday I decided to power walk the whole route and did so successfully praise God. This week I tried doing the Longwood Loop 9 miler. Today I did the Randall 9 miler. I know that my pace is slower than pre-injury, but it is definitely progress. When I do around 9 miles I don’t try to meet my movement goals on the weekend, but use the time to recover. I also only do my ab work 5 days a week rather than every day. Yesterday the Lord answered another request— Thank you Lord for helping me. Next week I will begin my 32 school year as a teacher.
Stats for the day- 9.57 mile in 2:23:06 for a 14:57 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 302 feet with an average heart rate of 110 bpm at a comfortable 64 degrees and 94 percent humidity. Have a blessed weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment