Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Day 3- Day 2

 Today marked the third day of workouts doing speed walking and day two of the Longwood Loop. I didn’t realize how much I missed speed walking until I started back. I am grateful that I am able to do this as the beginning of school approaches. Power walking means more miles, but also allows me to reach my move goal much sooner in the day as intensity is a key factor.  I know my pace is slower than pre-injury, but is also faster than previous walking. Thankfully, patience paid off. The Lord gave me the speed when I needed it. I did 9.15 miles in 2:16:44 for a 14:56 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 299 feet with an average heart rate of 115 bpm at a warm 74 degrees at 80 percent humidity.  Char and the family still in PA. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment