Thursday, August 15, 2019

Feeling Almost “Normal”

 If you’re not careful it’s easy to feel discontented about your life. Either you’re too busy or you’re bored. You either have no privacy or you’re lonely.  You get what I’m saying perhaps? These last few days I have had a lot of time alone, and actually I have really enjoyed that time. I have had time to think and pray and gain perspective. That’s been important for me since I have felt as if I have been drifting along, dealing with the everyday, and my many personal emergencies. I’m endeavoring to be grateful and make these days count and have meaning. I can only do this with the Lord’s help.

I have found that my love and longing for Maine have never ceased. Three of my daughters now live down here so being near them takes precedence. My family is my life, yet my love for the quiet and beauty of Maine have not stopped. I just try to take advantage of the advantages of living down here. Thankfully my parents, daughter, and grandson still live in Maine giving me an excuse to go up to frequent Maine. My week at Camp Good News was tiring, but I truly enjoyed every minute of it. For now, I look to my Lord for his will and way in my life which I find when I obey him.

To the workout. I did 9.21 miles in 2:16:20 for a 14:47 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 338 feet with an average heart rate of 113 bpm at a temp of 66 degrees and 95 percent humidity. In a few days my blog will be back to the short entries thanks to my return to school. For now, have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment