Monday, July 17, 2017

Saturday/Monday

I usually don't count the Saturday "extra" workout as I just kind of walk along not really pushing myself, just keeping moving while enjoying the scenery . On Saturday I did the Port Jefferson to Setauket Greenway trail doing 7.58 miles in 2:00:39 with an 471 elevation gain and an average heartrate of 97 with a 15:54 minute per mile pace. I did my usual Starbuck order-on-line and pick-up with a bathroom break and quick back on the trail in the middle in East Setauket.  It's one of the unique features of Long Island combining the outdoors with the conveniences of town-life right around the corner. The trail itself while well travelled with many walkers, runners, and bikers all doing their own thing still gives you plenty of space to give you that scenic get away from life feeling. Today I did 9.27 miles in 2:03:54 for a 13:21 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 287 with an average pulse of 114 bpm. I felt decent as I did the Scenic Hills, Longwood, Medford loop with the temp being 71 degrees with 96 relative humidity. I am looking forward to going to Maine and seeing my parents and then heading to Eastport to see my daughter and grandson Keon. Long Island is a good place to live with so much available, but Maine still feels like home and probably always will.  I am just blessed to be able to get up as often as I do . Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment