Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Another Day at Old Home

I did the old route mix doing all the on-town loops. It was a cool and breezy 56 degrees in Eastport, Maine.  I got out before 5-- always good to get out early. Here is the tale of the tape-- 10.03 in 2:08:12 for a 12:46 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 644 feet with an average pulse of 127 bpm.  I noticed how high the trees on Drummond Road have grown totally eclipsing the airport. I was reminded how things change-- even the familiar things.  I love how I can move about the streets and not even see a car-- it's just me in my thoughts. I cried out to God asking for His help in my life and in the lives of my family. I am blessed! So glad to have my daughter and grandson coming down for a visit. A couple fleeting thoughts. I love the minutes before I get out of bed and there is endless hope that things will get better. Also, I love it in the summer whenI get back from my workout with my wife asleep-- quietly reading my devotions with her next to me. It seemed even better in Eastport-- so quiet and peaceful. Have a blessed day-- on Route 9 heading home-- blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment