Thursday, April 25, 2024

Return to Maine

 I was originally planning on working out in Ridge on Wednesday, but as stated previously— I made a Tuesday trip to Hope. On Wednesday morning, I did my newest loop heading towards Appleton Hill and , the Pastor’s road, and a shortened trip up Howe Hillfor 8.79 miles in 2:18:45 for a 15:47 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 122 bpm with an elevation gain of 824 feet at a cadence of 126 spm at 37 degrees.

On Wednesday, I headed out the Roques Bluff Road out of Machias, by the Bluebird Motor Inn for 8.67 miles in 2:18:33 for a 15:58 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 112 bpm with an elevation gain of 364 feet at a cadence of 126 spm at a blustery 24 downeast degrees.

I consider both workouts decent and pleasant. I was just surprised and annoyed by all the cars and the lack of a shouting the road. Being on the road is good, but it kind of wears on me. I am however, grateful to see my precious daughters and grandchildren and my wonderful son-in-laws. I miss Maine and my family in Maine. Good night and God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment