Thursday, August 5, 2021

Wednesday/Thursday Leavings and Comings

 Wednesday- I did the Longwood Loop early doing 9.29 miles in 2:21:39 for a 15:15 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 163 with an elevation gain of 297 feet at 62 degrees and 88 percent humidity.

Thursday- In Hope, Howe Hill Loop: I did 9.21 miles in 2:14:57 for a 14:39 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 137 bpm with an elevation gain of 829 degrees at 62 degrees and 98 percent humidity. 

On Wednesday, it was my last day with Kaitland and Keon. I had to have a rapid Covid test early at Port Jeff Station. It was a good workout and a nice trip with Kaitland and Keon. Time with my family is precious. I had a quick, but nice visit with my parents as well. Great food and a blessed time at prayer meeting. My workout started early and went surprisingly well. I did the same workout as I headed to Long Island exactly one week ago. Since my divorce many years ago, my life has consisted of many goodbyes. My best times are when my daughters and grandchildren spend time with me at my house. Something peaceful about knowing that they are there. 

I have enjoyed being away from my stepson. Our relationship is not good . Just like my relationship with my in-laws, it has disintegrated into superficiality and disrespect. This sad state bothers me, but seems to be tolerated by the other side. My love for my wife and my relationship with Christ sustains me. It’s difficult to respect people who don’t value your own kids.

Long post on the Port Jefferson ferry from Bridgeport. God bless you my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment