Monday, February 29, 2016

A Leap of Faith

It was a comfortable 46 degrees this morning with a nice breeze putting a pleasant chill in the air.  It actually felt like spring, and I was even feeling springy with bare ground a nice temperatures.  Today is February 29, 2015-- Leap Year. I was thinking that I was actually glad to have one extra day of February this year--just to prepare myself for the challenges that lay ahead. The skies had some stars and a big moon directly overhead, with increasing cloudy skies mounting closer to the surface. I was also thinking about Super Tuesday and which Republican candidate that I would vote for.  I woke a bit past too and really didn't sleep much after that and was actually glad to get up at 4 am when my alarm went off.  I just have so much on my mind and am seeking the Lord's guidance and direction in a more serious way.  I especially am seeking the Lord's help with my marriage, my daughter's and step-son, and for direction in my professional life.
  I did 8.74 miles in 1:58:09 for a 13:31 minute per mile walking pace on the Longwood Loop.  The songbirds were whistling some beautiful tunes as I ambled the roads of Ridge and Middle Island. Looking to the Lord and praising His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment