Friday, February 26, 2016

Back to Winter

It was a windy 36 degrees this beautiful Friday morning.  I did the comfort loop doing the Figure 8 extra plus for 8.69 miles in 1:59:21 for a 13:44 minute per mile walking pace.  I always reminisce at least a little bit on my workouts.  This marked 7 days in a row of workouts, so I am looking forward to the weekend off to recharge my batteries. That's the benefit of embedding off days in the cycle--if a day is missed it may be made up.  I was thinking back to when I did my 10 mile runs in the mornings when I lived in Eastport.  Sometimes I would do less and sometimes I would do more. I find that I appreciate these workouts the same as those workouts.  The secret is consistency and executing a plan--not worrying about anything other than the workout.  We are supposed to be grateful and thankful and I am thankful.  I enjoyed the whirring of the wind with the pines swinging and the leaves shuffling along.  I have a lot of uncertainties right now, but I do believe that my God will direct me.  Just because we have heartaches and struggles does not mean that God loves us any less.  His love always remains and sustains us in our moments of collapse and weakness. Have a blessed day my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment