Monday, February 8, 2016

Snowy Days

I did Friday's workout doing the figure 8 plus extra in the first of two storms.  I started out and it was clear, which quickly gave way to freezing rain, which turned to sleet, which turned to snow.  I finished just in time.  I did 8.68 in 2:03:42 for a respectable 14:15 pace given the conditions.  The rest of the day was spent shoveling before heading out on the ferry and eventually making our way to Newport,RI..  The night was pleasant as we stayed at the Hyatt on Goat Island.  The next day we did the Ocean Drive followed by the Cliff walk which was more challenging given the snow cover.  We had to deal with a few issues via phone back home--but I had a good time with my wife.

Today I did the Longwood/Medford/Kastle,with an experimental route change,  I ended up doing 9.18 miles in 2:06:22 in a 13:46 minute per mile walking pace.  It started out clear and the snow kicked in just past the half/way point.  School was cancelled for my children,but I had to make the 50 mile trip to my school.  Things are tough now and my moral is kind of low.  I am looking to the Lord for strength(and answers). God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment