Saturday, January 3, 2015

Wed-Thurs-Friday In a Hope, Maine

I brought my daughters Kimberly and Rebekah to Maine on Tuesday.  I got up early on Wednesday and did my usual workout around Hope at 14 degrees.  I slowly warmed into the workout and did 8.03 miles.  On Thursday I ran the usual route with a little extra for 8.19 miles.  This was my fastest pace of the three days.  On Friday I headed out the door at a balmy 27 degrees.  I did the usual for 8.04 miles.
   I truly enjoy the beauty of this area with streams,ponds, and rolling mountains.  The hills definitely add a challenge.  I saw the pastor out on New Year's Day and a runner trying to sneak past on Friday. In these days my wife and I made two trips to Eastport. One to bring the girls home and the other a surprise visit.  This vacation has had it's fill of drama and some heartache, but I am grateful for the strength that The Lord provides. During this vacation, 6 of the ten workouts have been run in Maine-- back to New York. Looking forward to seeing God at work in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment