Monday, June 19, 2023

Juneteenth 2023

  I hit the roads a little bit later on this day off from school this last week of school. The weather has been perfect this June. I went past nine miles on this non school day. I saw the lady walker on Smith Road and runner Chuck on Raynor. Chuck told me that he is coming off from having both knees scoped. He is doing 2 1/2 - 3 miles a day now as opposed to his former 6 miles. Me, I chose to keep the distance and get up earlier and walk. The thing I have learned is to adapt, but keep moving forward without overthinking. My strength work I have learned the value of staying disciplined with minimal training. The minimal training has helped me maintain strength, recover from injury, and to prevent injuries. God is so gracious and I praise Him that I can still train. I give Him the glory.

  Today I did 9.22 miles in 2:25:00 for a 15:43 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 101 bpm with an elevation gain of 274 feet at an average cadence of 126 spm at 61 degrees on the Longwood Loop. Lord willing I am looking forward to England!

No comments:

Post a Comment