Monday, June 5, 2023

A Good Thing Out of a Bad Thing

 There are times in your life when you are just pushing to get all that you can out of life and your endeavors. I have been blessed to have a lot of fun with my training and it has provided much fulfillment. This year I have noticed that pushing in my workouts was just taking too much energy from my everyday life. Some injuries and age related ailments have forced me to make some workout changes. I no longer try to get in 9 miles and I almost never do a regular walking workout on the weekend. I’m too slow and it takes too much mental energy to push to get the distance and extra distance in. Secondly some injuries and knee ailments have forced me to change and cut back on my strength workouts. I have maintained a full body workout, yet I have cut back and minimized it to maintain my strength while changing so not to aggravate my injuries. The minimization has helped revive me and helped me to maintain enthusiasm. I am grateful for the change. The Lord put it in my mind to purchase a bench press support device just before I hurt my shoulder. The Lord knew. Today I did a different version of the two Lap and out and back workout— cutting across the trail to Raynor down the hill and retrace across Kastal for 8.75 miles in 2:18:22 for a 15:49 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 95 bpm with an elevation gain of 212 feet at an average cadence of 126 spm at 51 degrees.

  I was wiped this weekend, but thankfully I have strength for today. Thank you Lord for your provision for me and my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment