Saturday, May 2, 2020

Warmer

I headed out the door and was greeted by a shower. The temp was 55 which can feel hot or cold depending on humidity and the wind. Today I slightly overdressed— occasionally I don’t get the right call on my workout apparel. I knew that I would have a busy day with Zoom meetings. The home working is good and gives me a a sense of purpose while I am at home. I did the Longwood loop doing 9.47 miles in 2:21:47 for a 14:59 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 358 feet and an average heart rate of 116 bpm at a rainy 54 degrees and 92 percent humidity. I was resigned to go over 15 minute miles , but the running segments that I incorporate towards the end made the difference. So I ran a little extra to try to dip to or under 15 minute miles. I just squeezed it in. The workouts have also given me a sense of purpose during this strange time of existence. Saturday has served as a rest day doing only abs and strength work. Sunday had been active rest with a nice long hike in the solitude of the morning before I listen to church services. I use this time to listen to Christian podcasts and Christian music. I’m blessed! Have  good day and may you know the power and peace of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment