Tuesday, May 5, 2020

The Morning After a Panic

I went to bed with a weird feeling in my right hip.  This was strange as it came out of nowhere. The feeling got worse.  I was awake through portions of the night.  My mind raced to worry thinking about missing a workout or workouts during a time when I need them so badly.  I thought back to my childhood and the period of time when I couldn't walk because of an unknown hip problem.  My Uncle Andy has had two hip replacements.  I thought of many bad possibilities.  Then, as usual the Lord reminded me that there are many people struggling and I had failed to pray for them.  I'm learning that interrupted sleep usually means that it's time to pray.  I woke up at my usual time. I thought of taking the day off--or possibly just going 3 miles--but I decided to at least give it a try.  Thankfully, I made it through the Longwood Loop.  The surprised blessing made the cool morning workout special.  The sun was bright and the breeze was cool.  I had to dress in my usual cool clothing. I did 9.44 miles in 2:23:52 for a 15:14 minute per mile pace with a 109 bpm heart rate with a 360 feet elevation gain at a coolish 44 degrees at 67% humidity.  My hip is still a little off, but it's not painful.  I am so grateful for these little blessings.  Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment