Friday, July 3, 2015

Wednesday -8.2 Thursday 8.31 Friday-8.17

Pocono Manor and Crescent Lodge were my two starting Points for my morning workouts in Pennsylvania.  Char and I arrived at a nice out of the way spot at Pocono Manor on Tuesday. The morning workout was foggy and overcast after a night of rain. I set a PR of 11:35 per mile on the back roads to Pocono Mountain.  Nice quiet workout.  this workout took place Wednesday morning.
  On Thursday and Friday I did workouts on roads including Red Maple and Old Schoolhouse road.  Thursday's workout was overcast.  I decided to head the opposite direction of the busier roots. I just happened upon a nice secluded beautiful workout which included some challenging hills. I took a few wrong turns , but relied on my app to get back on track.
   Friday's workout was basically the same route with one extra little hill. I took it easier this morning soaking in the beautiful backdrop for my workout. I saw a turkey heading up Red Maple. Going down the back side of the hill I was confronted with a skunk who was licking something in the road. I stood back and clapped my hands hoping to shoe him along. Finally , he backed up and headed into the woods.  I continued on on this cool upper 50 degree weather -- loved it!  I saw numerous deer with their beautiful reddish fur coats.  I hit the turnaround spot near some sort of big plant --away from the entrance.  I soaked in the beauty of this beautiful scenery for one more time before heading back to Long Island.  I'm in the car on the LIE(495) headed for home. Tonight my lovely wife and I will pick up our youth mission team at JFK. The average pace this morning was a leisurely 13:16 per mile pace. The steep hills still made it a quality workout. Have a blessed Fourth of July !

No comments:

Post a Comment