Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Hope/Eastport

I went on my yearly trip to get my daughter(s) for the summer .  This is one of my favorite trips of the year.  This year only Kimberly is coming with me-- I am so blessed that Kim is coming with me!  On Monday, I got out with the temp in the high sixties on a beautiful morning. There were a few others out getting their workouts in.  I enjoy the beautiful scenery of streams,ponds, trees, and mountains.  I did 8.15 miles in 1:47:52. It wasn't my fastest time , but I as pleased with my effort on the steep hills.  This morning I got out a bit past 5 with the temps in the high 50's in Eastport, Maine. This was my first workout here doing my race walking workout. I did 10.06 miles in 2:11:52.  I always seem to get some extra distance in here in Eastport. I did the Adams Street loop plus my County Road, Dump Road, High Street , and Clark Street loop starting and ending at Harris Point. I saw my daughter and her boyfriend out walking on Key Street. I saw a few deer which seemed to be quite big here on the island. Now I am in Worcester , Mass heading to catch the ferry in New London to Orient Point on Long Island. I am blessed even in the trials of life! Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment