Monday, July 15, 2019

Vacation Workouts in Vancouver and In Alaska

On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I got my activity in different ways, but I managed to get my activity and exercise points in on my watch. Friday I got the walking in walking around airports and then walking around Vancouver as well as riding the town rental blue bikes. Char and I road a bit together on the bikes. For 12 dollars a bike you can ride them all you want for 30 minute interval. The first day Char and I were hit with an overage charge for going a few minutes over. We then decided to time my rides and to change the bikes over at the next available stop. So on Saturday Char and I did a tour in the afternoon. I rode around the ark peninsula switching out bikes as soon as available. I managed not to have any extra charges. Between the biking and walking I managed to get the minutes and points in again. On Sunday I went for an early morning stroll down to the water and around the sound. With that and embarking on the ship , I managed to get the points and time in again. On Monday we were at sea I did the following workout- 2 miles walking on deck, 65 minutes on the elliptical, and 2000 meters on the rowing machine. This was my staple workout which I did on Monday-Wednesday- Friday- Saturday. On Tuesday the person in charge opened the gym late and I had an excursion so I had to stick to the deck and finished with the rowing machine for 2000 meters. I did approximately 3 sessions of 30 minutes. I was speed walking for the entire time for the first and last time of the week. I found that I was very sore, but I felt strong. Again I finished with rowing. On Thursday I was tired so I just started my watch as I left the room and left it running. I knew that my excursion was early and that I had limited time in the gym due to it opening late. So altogether I walked for 1:25:45 and then did 2000 meters of rowing. I managed to get my exercise and activity points in through my workout and walking on my excursion. I just tried to be flexible, but get the work in and not worrying about how the work got finished. I came down with a cold which in a cool damp climate and in a boat didn’t really help my energy level too much. I took yesterday and today off to travel home and to recover from the travel and 4 hour time difference. I am blessed and think that I went at the things the right way including the recovery time yesterday and today. Tomorrow Lord willing I will be back at my old routine. Thank you Lord for your many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment