Monday, October 3, 2016

Grand Monday in Eastport

. I got out a bit past 6:30-- late by my standards, but it feels good to sleep sometimes.  I did my usual standard loop where I head out 190 going up Redoubt Hill and Estes Head and then out theough Quoddy Village and back to Harris Point.  I did 9.41 miles in 2:04:31 for a 13:14 minute per mile on a 54 degree sunny Maine morning.  Everything about this place feels like home except I need my beloved wife and daughter and 3 granddaughters.  I just feel at ease and perfectly at home here-- but truly home is where my wife and children are. Tomorrow will have to be an early start.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the day including a quick trip to Lubec to West Quoddy Head and Monica's Chocolates.  Katie and Keon will be spending the night at the cabin tonight. So excited! Heading to The New Friendly Diner. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment