Thursday, June 23, 2016

Final Stand(until next year)

  Today June 23, 2016 is the last day of school with the students for this school year.  My first last day as a teacher took place sometime early June in 1988 at Eastport Elementary School.  Back then I had no girlfriend, no children, and I was getting ready to head down to Camden to work for the summer.  It's interesting the path that the Lord puts you on.  I've gone from rural Eastport to the hood in Roosevelt on Long Island.
   This morning I had my 5 Hour Energy and small cup of coffee and headed out the door.  I was not as fast as yesterday, but I had a good workout on the Longwood/Medfor Loop.  I did 8.75miles in 1:58:41 for a 13:34 minute per mile pace.  It was another comfortable morning at 57 degrees.  Off to start the work day--God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment