Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Tuesday/Wednesday

First, I didn't train on Monday since I only got one hour of sleep after a night of not being able to sleep.  Tuesday was my 50 th birthday and I did the 8 x .3 mile hill repeat workout with equal recovery and warm-up and cool-down for 6.5 miles.  It was a good day spent with my wife and half of my children.  God has been faithful and I know he will continue to be faithful.  The forties were tough years with many changes--some definitely for the better. I will approach my fifties with boldness by the strength of the Lord.
   This morning I did the same workout for 6.5 miles.  I felt fairly strong again with the temps being comfortable.The interval work allows me to finish sooner allowing me to get home in time to see my daughter Kaitland leave for the bus at 6:15.  A decent nights sleep last night --so blessed!
    I am encouraged to see so many men training strong and enjoying life in their fifties.  I do draw inspiration fro other runners who encourage me by their strong efforts and consistent training. Thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment