Thursday, September 4, 2014

Cooler Temps

I was happy when I walked out the door and felt the comfortable morning air and not the heat and humidity of the last couple of days.  It was a quicker pace,probably aided by the cooler weather.  There was nothing stirring this morning with the exception of a couple of deer who darted into the woods as I approached.  Thank goodness for the streetlights or these early morning workouts  could not take place this time of year.
    I've been able to train regularly since seventh grade-- with running and lifting.  I didn't realize then that I was beginning a way of life that I would continue throughout my life.  I've been blessed with the health to train, and for that I am grateful. I have changed the way that I train as I've aged.  You have to make adjustments in order to stay healthy and injury free, because my goal is to train for a lifetime Lord willing.
    The total for the day was 9.58 miles on the standard loop plus 3 x Apple Court. So blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment