Monday, August 21, 2023

Last Monday of Summer

  Today I headed out thinking back to all the different places this summer that I have done my morning walking workouts. England, Maine, and Pennsylvania have given me a variety of places to traipse around in the mornings. I came to the realization that I workout simply because I know that it will provide good results. These results come with a cost. It’s not always enjoyable and there are unpleasantries , but the results are sure to follow. There are no reminders and there is nobody making sure that I do my workouts—it’s something that I choose to do. I realized that so much of life is the same way. There are things that we must choose to do. There are important things that we must choose to do and nobody else is going to tell us to do them. That is the gift that we all are given. We must see through the mundane and see the important necessary things that only we can do.

  I did the Randall loop doing 9.2 miles in 2:31:16 for a 16:26 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 84 bpm with an elevation gain of 261 feet at an average cadence of 125 spm at 67 degrees. 

   I’m grateful for this summer. I’m not looking forward to my morning commute, but I am looking forward to this 37 th year of teaching. Let’s see what the Lord has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment