Monday, August 14, 2023

Friday/Monday

  Friday ( in Calverton)- I was going to do just an easy walk. It definitely was hotter than what I was used to in Maine. I was definitely tired. I have been living out of a suitcase for about 5 weeks this summer. Thankfully I have been blessed to have kept my training up. I usually make things slightly easier when I am on the road. Here are the Calverton stats- 9.35 miles in 2:47:21 for a 17:53 minute per mile pace at an average heart rate of 75 bpm with an elevation gain of 333 feet at an average cadence of 116 spm at 69 degrees. I had a fit old couple make up ground on me and said “Good Morning “ to which I promptly picked up the pace. Shortly thereafter, I had a young lady turn around about 10 seconds ahead of me and she kept going for miles. At first I thought she was a teenager, but I later saw that she was a fit probably 30 something. I tried to maintain the gap without getting closer. There was also a pregnant woman running with her baby in an exercise stroller. So the pace definitely was fast including a sub 14 minute mile.

 Monday at Shawnee Village, PA on the River Road I did 8.43 miles in 2:15:36 for a 16:04 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 90 bpm with an elevation gain of 356 feet at an average cadence of 126 spm at a temperature of 63 degrees. This was one of the quietest workout spots that I’ve ever done. I’m actually looking forward to tomorrow. I saw a bunch of deer roaming the steep banks around me. This summer has been a wonderful adventure of variety. Such a blessing. Variety is helpful in the long-term of training. Stomach was a bit off and seem to be fighting off a cold. So far taking it easy is helping me cope. Thank you Lord for giving me more than I deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment