Thursday, July 22, 2021

Comfortable in Hope

 I headed out the door a few minutes earlier than usual. I was greeted by a pleasant, cool breeze out of the north with desirable dew points. I just soaked up the quiet solitude of mid-coast Maine. I did my usual route. In the mornings I see * a couple of young ladies who sometimes walk a dog * a runner running with his dog, * a young lady biking up the back side of Howe Hill, and * an unfriendly runner who is long on talent and short on pleasantries. I did the usual Howe Hill Loop doing 9.15 miles in 2:20:25 for a 15:21 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 94 bpm with an elevation gain of 801 feet at 59 degrees and 89 percent humidity. The hills may be challenging, but the solitude, peace, and beauty counterbalance the challenge. So blessed to be here in beautiful Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment