Thursday, March 19, 2015

Blessed and Cold in a Machias , Maine

 I was blessed to be there at Downeast Community Hospital when my grandson Keon was born. My daughter Bekah spent the night with me at the Machias Motor Inn. I woke up after an iffy night's sleep. I checked, the temp was 8 with a wind hill  below zero-- but I decided that it would feel good to stretch my legs on the Marshfield loop.  The footing was a mixed of bare, icy , and crusty snow. For the most part I maintained a decent pace while dodging the questionable footing and all the commuters.  I saw a bunch of deer crossing a road that I added onto the loop off from the upper part of the loop. It was a hilly yet scenic ascension . I managed to make it back unscathed to the Motor in. The loop plus amounted to 7.06 miles according to MapMyWalk. So blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment