Friday, May 22, 2015

Mixing it Up Before a Long Trip

I had my wife telling me to go back to sleep, but I just couldn't. I know it's a long day ahead of me, but I'm just anal sometimes. I told my wife that I would be back by 6. I did the math and knew that I would have to run in order to complete the figure 8 loop.  I did the first loop doing under 10 minutes per mile. Mile 5 was 10:05. All my nagging injuries were whispering to me. The hamstring, the upper calf, the knee soreness.  I knew that the cardio power was there to continue, but the whispers were getting louder.  I decided to switch to the speed walk-- Good decision .  I did under 12 minutes for the last mile.  For me, walking is the way for me. I'm a walker now, which makes my body feel less pounded and worn down. Today was just a reminder of why I made the switch. I'm paying the price with the nagging of the old injuries, but tomorrow is an off day. So looking forward to seeing my daughters and grandson. Have a blessed day! Oh yeah, 6.62 miles in 1:08:47.

No comments:

Post a Comment