Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Beating The Rain

 I did my usual 7.8 miles this morning.  It was 55 degrees--nice and mild.  I slipped my shorts on for the first time since early November.  I saw a rabbit and a opossum this morning. I also saw a couple of deer also.  Even though I'm here on Long Island the feel is the same for spring as it was in Eastport.  The surviving of another winter is behind and the positive feeling of an approaching summer is ahead. It is discouraging to think back to years past of good strong workouts in the younger years. That said,I am grateful that I have maintained consistent in working out. I will not linger in the past,but will place my focus on the now.  I have some small goals I will be focusing on in the coming month which I'm sure will bring positive results.  Looking forward to my daughters graduation coming up next month.  God Bless! Oh yeah--as soon as I finished this morning it began to shower:)

No comments:

Post a Comment