Monday, July 25, 2016

Friday/Monday

The heat has been consistent as well as the humidity. On Friday I did the Ridge Loop doing 9.16 miles in 2:04:17 for a 13:34 minute per mile walking pace. Today I did 9.04 miles in 2:02:43 for a 13:35 minute per mile pace on the Longwood Loop. The Longwood is my hillier loop while the other loops with the exception of the figure 8 are relatively flat. I usually see a rabbit or two and deer as well. Some days I see turkey's.  On Friday I saw lots of bikers as I got out about an hour later.  My wife and I took a day trip to Shelter Island on Friday. Shelter Island is about as close to Maine as I can get here on Long Island. My wife and I saw a lady trying not to get a farmers tan on a remote beach. I kept my eyes upward as we approached. We finished the day with a bite to eat in Greenport.  I had a fried flounder sandwich which is the only seafood worth eating here on the Island. Well , maybe a Mets game tonight-- God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment