Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The Old Faithful

  I got out at 4:24 am and decided to do my old usual route of the figure 8 plus for 8.31 miles in 1:52:22 for a 13:31 minute per mile walking pace.  I was definitely faster today and enjoyed the almost empty quiet feeling of the figure 8 plus loop.  I could hear a few deer rustling through the woods enjoying their moments of freedom before the bow hunters are unleashed for the day at sunrise.  I'm really noticing lately at how much better my knees and body feel since I made the switch to speed walking. In my early forties it seemed as if I could run forever--the body was feeling so strong and God knows the running helped me to deal with the enormous stress I had in my life.In my mid-forties I noticed a change basically where I could work out and feel good, then the rest of the day my joints would ache until the next workout.  This was a vicious cycle that I knew one day I would have to change, and I'm so glad that I did. Those were good days.  But, these too are good days.  I am blessed and the body and spirit are feeling good. God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment