Monday, December 9, 2013

The Good Feeling of Winter

 I woke up this morning expecting miserable winter weather--which is a bit exciting to me being from Maine and having run in all sorts of winter weather including days of sub-zero weather.  It was 30 degrees with freezing rain.  I was stiff and not smooth this morning,but the joy of running with  snow on the ground made up for this lack of zip in my legs.  The Longwood loop was quiet this morning with a breeze out of the east bringing in a light film of frozen drizzle.   I'm just going to try to get the work in and not worry too much about the speed these next couple of weeks before and during vacation. Eastern Long Island is beautiful and provides enough winter weather and wildlife to suit me.My mind does reminisce almost every day of all my beautiful runs back in Eastport,Maine. Did 9.0 miles on the nose this morning. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment