Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Reminiscent of Eastport

 Today the roads were glazed over with snow and ice.  The ice had enough rough spots that I could get traction on my 8 x .3 mile hill repeats--with warm-up and cool-down 6.5 miles. It seemed back in Eastport that snow and bad weather meant speed work of some sort. I was reading old blogs on sonriserunning.blogspot.com yesterday and relived some of the old days for a few moments. I am reminded that no matter how good or bad things were in my life, that my workouts have been a constant--for that,I have been truly blessed.
    I have been fortunate to have lived in places that have been conducive with good training.  The streets this morning were very quiet,with the sandtruck coming by mid-run to provide decent traction. Speed isn't the focus,but rather just trying to run faster than normal and the hill provides the resistance. I'm glad that I made the switch to this workout for the week. My friend Andy gave me many good ideas in workouts over the years and I have borrowed most of these workouts.
    I have been so busy that really I have not had much time for reflection.  I will say that no matter how tough times have been, the Christmas season has always been a blessed time of year for me. I'm not sure where this road of life will take me,but I know that my Lord is always there with me providing for me aqll the grace and mercy that I need. God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. We had some good bad weather workouts. I've been running pretty consistently for the past three weeks - just three miles but slowly getting back into it. I'll have to start posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,those were good times. I'm glad that you are training again. You're one of the toughest hombres I ever ran with. Look forward to seeing your posts again.

    ReplyDelete