Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Not Feeling It

Since Thanksgiving vacation I have been a bundle of fatigue.  I mean my workouts are going well,I'm just feeling a bit behind in everything else.  I'm too stubborn to slack on my workouts hanging in there until Christmas vacation when I can sleep in a bit and not be so rushed. I did the Longwood Loop again for 9.01 miles. I ran four minutes faster today even though I knew for sure that I was more tired. The secret was that from just past mile five to just past mile 2 there was a runner who began his workout and ran approximately 2 miles of the route until he was picked up by a friend in the car. I had the edge on him the whole way,even though I wasn't even sure if he was still there,but I sensed that he was there and kept up a decent pace. At the end of his run ,all of a sudden I was aware that he was there and he pulled up and then passed me. I stayed just off his shoulder until he picked up the pace and pulled ahead by just under 10 yards with what I realized then was his finishing kick. I shoulk his hand and then kept running. If it weren't for him I would not have run nearly as well. I was pleased at the end to see that I had run a decent time for me. I saw several deer running around as well as a dead opossum.  Have a blessed day!

2 comments: