Friday, March 29, 2013

Downeast 8.8 miler

I'm sitting here in the Motel East overlooking the beautiful Passamaquoddy Bay.  I've had some good workouts here in Maine. Today I was blessed to re-visit some of my old running spots.  I truly enjoyed running in the unmatched beauty of Eastport,Maine. I never once took the beauty of this area in the twenty three years that I lived here. I felt strong on my pick-ups.  I think the fact that with the exception of the Adam's street hill,not running up gut busting hills made today seem like a relative breeze. Nice sunny (for most of the run) 31 degree run.  I ran past a number of deer--but these deer are tame and barely flinch as you run past them. Saw my good friend Andy driving out of town near the end of my run. Simply blessed to be able to come back to this place where God had me for many years. Miss my Charlotte!

2 comments:

  1. I was glad to see you in town! I have to get back out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andy--knowing you,you will be back out there once again doing your killer workouts. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete