Monday, March 18, 2013

Great Start at 8.4

 I woke up as usual to total darkness.  Getting out of bed has been easier lately--finally getting adapted to early rises with the time change.  The start of a new week is always a fresh start to training--with the off days on the weekend I'm usually ready to start working out afresh. It was cool this morning at 27 degrees with the forecast for a wintry mix later on in the day.  I felt energized for once--I mean not eye of the tiger or anything,but the workout was not wearisome.  I coasted along smoothly and did the pick-ups with good pace,but felt a slight stiffness in my left lower back--nothing serious.  I hit 12 mph on the radar gun--I've been trying to hit that lately. I felt strong on the hills which are longer on the Longwood loop.  I love running on the Wading River Hollow Road with it's tall pines towering over the route.  I had a sense of satisfaction at the end of today's workout.  Next week-----VACATION!

3 comments:

  1. Is that 12 mph running?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,the radar actually measures pedestrian speed if you're on the road funny enough:)

    ReplyDelete