Monday, August 17, 2015

Last Day/First Day

On Friday I did 9.37 miles on my new favorite Eastort loop. I had some stomach issues which put me way behind on my pace, so I ran miles 6,7,8, and 9 at just under a 10 minute per mile pace. I had a productive stay in my most extended Eastport stay since moving to Long Island. I finished off my visit with a quick walk up to Lookout point at Shackford's Head.  I like the solitude and fond memories of days gone by as I walk this trail. After saying the sad goodbyes to my three youngest daughters and grandson I started the long trek back to Long Island.
  This morning I did 9.04 miles on the Longwood extra plus loop in 1:59:31. The temp was warmer than New Hamshire and Maine, but it was comfortable. The skies of the early morning continued getting lighter. I passed several trucks at the end of the road ready  to bring fencing to various locations. I felt somewhat glad to return to my familiar routines even though I miss having my daughter Kimberly here with me. I am blessed that my wife realized that I had to help my daughters and graciously recommended that I take the extra two days to stay at Harris Point.  Lord willing I will return in about a month for another extended visit. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment