Friday, May 9, 2014

Finishing Well

I got out of bed like I have the past month feeling tired ,but knowing that I never regret getting a workout in.  I haven't started the day with a preset idea of which route I am doing--because regardless, they all are pretty much the same distance when it is all said and done. I decided today that I would do the Randall loop. I felt smooth today and the miles glided along until finally I was on the home stretch on Raynor Road. I did 9.01 along the serene streets of Ridge. I did see one other runner on Middle Country heading in the opposite direction towards McDonalds. This time of year is one of the best with the feel of hope and better times ahead. I have enjoyed many good workouts this time of year and my mind always goes back to my runs in Eastport. God did something in my life in Eastport--He used it to mold and shape me in so many ways preparing me for the challenges ahead. I'm nostalgic and often revisit in my mind the good times in the past when all my daughters were with me. The thief of divorce has robbed me of so much,but I serve a God who loves me and reminds me that this place is not my home--my home is in Heaven. So in this life I look to the Savior to lead me and to shelter me with His Presence. In Him me and my family are complete because we belong to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment