Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Mending

I have not posted mainly because I’ve been busy, but not with my speed walking. My wife and even the school nurse noticed my limp. When I get moving around and warmed up I can function mostly normally.  I’ve known that my lower hamstring and upper calf have been not normal. I was able to compensate and hide the injury. I have tried training throughout the issue, but that has only hurt the heeling process. So begrudgingly I have stopped my early morning workouts.  In a sense my workouts are like a drug that help me deal with stress and feel good in general. I believe the Lord allows me to go through these times to draw me to Himself. Even though I miss my workouts, I realize that unless I take the time to heal then I won’t be able to train like I want. I had a similar injury years ago when I was on Third Street. Thankfully, I believe that this injury is not nearly as serious, although I am about 14 years older. I am grateful for strength training and ab work. I have been able to get in over 10 thousand steps. Got to go for now. I will attempt to blog. Right now my goal is to take at least one week off. It could be two weeks— who knows. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment