Thursday, August 29, 2013

Not A Real Runner

I borrowed my title from dailymile. I wrote about how I have changed my workouts,which I have written about in my blog before. Main point is that I don't run all of my workout. I walk ,run at faster paces,and sprint up hills. I did this because for several years my body has been getting increasingly more sore after my runs. The outside of my knees would ache until the next workout and then ache until the next workout. My muscles were taking longer to recover--so I changed my plans. Plus,running is damaging to your joints over time--that's a fact. My belief is that a lot of people who run would be better off walking or walking and running.  Sometimes our competitive nature gets the best of us and we refuse to change and oftentimes injuries result. I mean if your motivated by improving your times or running marathons you probably don't want to walk. BUT,if you find yourself always getting injured you may want to ask yourself the question if maybe it's time to walk away from the PR's and races and change it up. I have made that switch. I would rather workout and be healthy than set PR's and hobble around the end of my life in need of hip and knee replacements. That's me and my thoughts only--JUST A THOUGHT. Oh yeah,8.5 miles this morning on the streets of Ridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment