Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Chronicles of a Wandering Runner: The Lost Workouts

Dailymile has greater detail ,but here it goes!

          Wed.  7.6 miles in Hope: 56 degrees and rainy
           Thurs.  9 miles in Eastport,Dump Road,Clark,Water St.,Adams St,High St.,Harris Point,Washington St. to name a few.
            Fri.   In Eastport---same as yesterday,but added a loop through town for 10 miles.
            Sat.  In West Buxton,did 4.5 on Mary Jane Rd, and along the river.

A few thoughts.  I wanted to get in four workouts and the Lord made it possible. It is always nice to enjoy old routes and the nostalgia that goes with it. Hope as usual was challenging with it's hills. In Eastport--Adams Street still presents a challenge with an extremely steep hill. I even knocked on my old friend Andy's door,but I think he was sleeping in. The lack of reception and internet access made keeping up with my log difficult. So I just waited until I had time back home on Long Island. I was able to hike the deep cove trail at Shackford's head twice. I love the beauty and solitude of this glorious spot. I am so blessed to be able to spend this time with my precious daughters. I enjoyed my stay at Harris Point. God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Good chance I wasn't there. We bought a place in Machias too and we are spending most of our time up here. Will most likely move all of our operations up to Machias in the near future. Sorry I missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vehicle wasn't there on Thursday,but I stopped by on Friday--I was surprised to see it there. Anyway,it was s spur of the moment sort of thing and early. Living in Machias seems to make sense for the both of you. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete